About the Course
Are you inspired by mechanical systems? Are you fascinated to work on ships away from the land for months together? Do you like to work with teams and under pressure conditions?
If Yes, You should surely look at this career.
About the Field
A marine engineer is someone who designs, builds, tests and repairs ships, boats, underwater craft, offshore platforms, and drilling equipment. They often work closely with naval architects to design everything from small yachts and fishing boats to submarines and aircraft carriers. A marine engineer (or ship engineer), works in researching, developing, and constructing new marine vessels and their component parts. This includes creating blueprints, designing engines and propulsion systems, testing prototypes, and supervising the construction of full size ships.
- - An interest in science, technology and nautical matters
- Practical and technical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- A high level of numeracy
- Team working and leadership skills
- For some jobs, to be prepared to work away from home for long periods.
Top Jobs & Careers
- - Marine Engineer
- Naval Architect
- Ocean Engineer
- - 10th Any Board > 12th Science (Math) > Btech/ BE Marine Engineering
- 10th Any Board > Diploma in Marine Engineering > Btech / BE Marine Engineering
- - Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Btech / BE in Marine Engineering
- Mtech / ME in Marine Engineering